Region 8 Conference Schedule -- At Last!!

Subject: Region 8 Conference Schedule -- At Last!!
From: "Bonni J. Graham" <bgraham -at- ELECTRICITI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 17:20:16 PST

Hi Folks! I've just completed the actual schedule for the 1994 Region 8
Conference, so I'll post it (per requests) here for anyone who wants to
peruse it.

If you see an interesting title, and want more information, let me know and
I'll get it to you. If you want to attend let me know and I'll see that
you receive a Registration Form.

1994 Region 8 Conference
Bridging the Chasm
November 10-12, 1994

Thursday, November 10

Each PreConference session is a full day -- starting times vary. Contact
Bonni Graham for more information.

o Script Design for Information Video, Film, and Multimedia by Marty
Shelton

o Communication Styles, Writing Styles, and Your End-user by Charlene
Fontaine

o Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests, by
Jeff Rubin

o Indexing for the Technical Writer, by Larry Bonura

o How to Build and Maintain and Successful Technical Writing Business by
William
Mooney

o Creating Printed and Online Documents Using Doc-to-Help, by Steve Wexler

Friday, November 11

7:30 - 9:50 -- Registration, Breakfast, Welcome Session (Session 1)
10:00 - 11:20 -- Session 2:
Editing the Editor
Technical Communication and the Emerging Workplace
STC Standards Committee Report and Discussion
Looking for a Job (1): Creating the Perfect Resume
Designing Online Documentation Using Framemaker

11:30 - 12:50 -- Lunch and Keynote Speaker: K.C. Cole, of Discover Magazine
1:00 - 2:20 -- Session 3:
Designing Messages
Documentation's Rockin' Role
An Approach to Single-Sourced Documentation // Making
Cycle Time Reduction
a Reality // You can Create Effective Marketing
Materials
Looking for a Job (2): The Search Process
Creating Windows Online Help Featuring Doc-to-Help
2:20 - 2:50 -- Afternoon Break: Exhibit Room Open
3:00 - 4:20 -- Session 4:
Demonstrating the Value of Information Products
Interfacing Through the Internet: the Impact on
International Technical
Communication
Object-Oriented Programming: A Metaphorical Perspective
Looking for a Job (3): How to Handle the Interview

Saturday, November 12, 1994

7:30 - 8:20 -- Registration and breakfast
8:30 - 9:50 -- Session 1:
Information Architecture: Case Studies in High Quality
Information Products
Futureshock: Containing the Explosion of Information in
the 90s and Beyond
Getting Product Engineers to Communicate
Project Planning: Bridging the Chasm
Wasn't it Dylan Who Said, "The Times, They Are
A-Changin'"?
10:00 - 11:20 -- Session 2:
Index Evaluation
Online Help Panel
Learning Solution and Technical Support: For the Common
Good of the
Customer
Strategy or Snafu: SGML
Interactive Multimedia Show-and-Tell
11:30 - 12:50 -- Lunch and entertainment by The Creative Urges, an
Improvisational
Comedy Group
1:00 - 2:20 -- Session 3:
Drive-In Hypertext
Reusing Information: Database Publishing and Other Methods
What Technical Writers can Teach Writing Teachers
SGML: Now What?
Introduction to Human Factors
3:00 - 4:20 -- Session 4:
Flowcharting Processes and Procedures
Standard Document Features for Clinical Research and R&D
// A Bridge
Between Cultures: Technical Communicators and the
International
Community
Action Structures: Understanding how Users Perform Actions
Region 8 Leaders' Meeting

Hope this helps those who need to plan more specifically!

Bonni Graham
Manual Labour
Director, Region 8 Conference
bgraham -at- electriciti -dot- com