Re: Why manuals?

Subject: Re: Why manuals?
From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 1994 11:27:28 EDT

@kat says:

<_make_notes_and_turn_down_page_corners_.

There are online help systems that let you do just that. One I have used is
the online documentation for AIX operating system on the RS/6000. There is
also a help system builder called "Toolbox" that lets you build this function-
ality into your customized help system. I haven't used it, though.

Also, though I haven't had much exposure _yet_ to Mosaic, isn't it possible to
build your own "homepage" with hypertext links to the information you need?
This would be similar to a "list of all the things I look up all the time" or,
say, every time I do this activity (twice a year), the instructions for doing
either pop up, or are instantly available, just like that bookmark.

In fact, I think that's what some products call it--a bookmark.

So, it is technologically possible to do this, and I think will be applied
more and more in the future.

And, yes, we should petition Sony to change that sexist product name <g>.

Cheers,

Gwen (ggall -at- ca -dot- oracle -dot- com)

"The question is not the size of your intelligence,
but how you use the little amount of it you might have."

--Sir John Guilgud