LISTSERV list information home page

From: John Buckman <shelby -at- CLARK -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 1994 22:32:27 EDT

I've set up a World Wide Web home page for LISTSERV lists. It
features handy "reference" pages with lists grouped along
certain topics, as well as a host of other information, such as
how to join, the # of members, whether the archives are open,
etc. I'm posting this announcement here because the www site
has a page for Literature and Writing .

Its URL is "http://www.clark.net/pub/listserv/listserv.html";
Use Mosaic, Lynx, WWW, Cello, etc. to view it.

LISTSERV lists for the following topics are represented:
Agriculture, Anthropology, Apple Computer, Art, Biology &
Chemistry, Business, Computers, Curricula, Database, Ecology,
Education, Food, Graphics, History, IBM, Internet & Bitnet, Law,
Library, Literature & Writing, Mathematics, Medicine, Music, PC
Software, Physics, Psychology & Philosophy, Religion, Science,
Teaching Institutions, Technology, Unix, and VMS & VM.

Here is what a typical entry looks like:

> Group name: FOODWINE
> Members: 444
> Archive searching: for members only
> Who can join: anyone
> Country: USA
> Site: Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
> Computerized administrator: listserv -at- cmuvm -dot- csv -dot- cmich -dot- edu
> Human administrator: foodwine-request -at- cmuvm -dot- csv -dot- cmich -dot- edu
> To send mail to the group write to: foodwine -at- cmuvm -dot- csv -dot- cmich -dot- edu

Write to me if you'd like more information.

John

John Buckman - Logika Inc. - Walter Shelby Group Ltd.
shelby -at- clark -dot- net - Internet Software Developers and Consultants

ftp:clark.net We created (1)InfoMagnet, the LISTSERV tool
(/pub/magnet) (2)The Desktop Internet Reference (/pub/inetref)
(3)Lotus Notes->html converter (in beta); (4)The LISTSERV home
page (http://www.clark.net/pub/listserv/listserv.html)

tel:(301)718-7840 fax:(301)913-9849 BBS:(301)718-7310