Re: Survey:Initial Contact

Subject: Re: Survey:Initial Contact
From: Kat Nagel <KatNagel -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 18:06:30 EDT

From: lfisher -at- med -dot- unc -dot- edu

Questions:
I. Consider your 15 most recent clients:
1. How many resulted from cold calls, soliciting new business?
None

2. How many resulted from advertisement? What kind of
advertisement?
One...a 1/4 page ad in a concert program. I bought the ad to support the
nonprofit group giving the concert. The contract inquiry was a fluke.

3. How many resulted from previous business with that company?
Four

4. How many resulted from referrals by satisfied customers?
Four.

5. How many resulted from contacts in your business or
professional network, for example from a previous career or
though friendships away from business?
Four.

6. How many resulted from new acquaintances, who brought
business to you after discovering your profession?
One.

II. Consider your business in general:
7. Do you advertise? How? Would you evaluate the success of
advertising?
Not any more.

8. What do you consider the most successfull source of
business?
Satisfied customers, both for repeat business and referrals.

9. What do you consider the most successful source of new
business?
Professional association contacts. These have resulted in the most lucrative
contracts.