Re: Preparing doc for translation

Subject: Re: Preparing doc for translation
From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 11:26:07 EDT

<You might want to research Basic English, a concept invented early
<in the century by a British linguist named Osgood (?) at Cambridge (?).

I have heard rumours recently of the development of something called
"structured English", which would be used to write documentation that could
then be very easily translated.

This rumour originated from a non-technical (non)writer who is working for
Oracle in the Netherlands, but I don't remember his name...

That's all I know. Anyone else heard rumours about this?

Gwen (ggall -at- ca -dot- oracle -dot- com)