Re: Preparing doc for translation

Subject: Re: Preparing doc for translation
From: "Rollings, Gill" <WGILLR -at- WOK-MSMAIL-GW -dot- ISL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 09:28:00 PDT

Doug Osborn asked about preparing documentation in simplified English so
that the task of translating it is made easier (I like that kind of
thoughtfulness :-) ).

British Aerospace (the company that builds planes and things, not the one
that flies them) uses "Simplified English", and runs courses geared to
technical uses. I have a letter from their Customer/Vendor Liaison Group
(Tech. Pubs.), and although it's dated October 92, I expect the group still
exists even if the front man has moved on. You may not want to come over to
attend a course (there might be similar ones he can tell you about in other
parts of the world), but you can buy the materials without doing that, I
think.

Contact Mr J Henry
Customer/Vendor Liaison Group (Technical Publications)
No. 5 DO
British Aerospace Airbus Ltd
PO Box 77
BRISTOL BS99 7AR
UK

Tel. +44 272 693831 (switchboard)
Fax +44 272 364130

Hope he can help you.

Gill Rollings, Technical Writer, Internet Systems Ltd
gill -dot- rollings -at- isl -dot- com