technical/financial interface

Subject: technical/financial interface
From: John Oleksik <oleksik -at- RAINBOW -dot- UCHICAGO -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 1994 17:12:56 -0600

We have recently had several threads on this mailing list concerning the
marketing/technical interface (pr writing etc). I write most of my material
for technical people on financial issues or for financial people on technical
issues. Both audiences expect about the same tone, however, the writing itself
consists primarily of translation, both conceptual translation and "jargon-to-
jargon" translation. Does anybody else here spend much time in this area? I
realize there are proposal writers here, but the bulk of proposal writing seems
to be aimed at technical audiences rather than financial audiences.

John J. Oleksik

--
John J. Oleksik email: oleksik -at- rainbow -dot- uchicago -dot- edu
Fincon, Inc. CI$: 71756 -dot- 1067 -at- compuserve -dot- com