who cares . . .

Subject: who cares . . .
From: Elaine Winters <ewinters -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 13:47:19 -0700

The problem is in the region; China is spending it's vast
gold reserves (the largest in the world) buying Russian
arms.

The one-child policy has produced more and more
female infanticide, producing a situation where, in a
culture where everyone marries, tens of millions of young
men will not have women to marry. [Read: cannon fodder.]

The region is tense with the disputed islands in the waters
off China, S'pore, Malaysia, Thailand - - - with practically
every country in the region staking claims and looking for oil.

Add to this the growing problem of AIDS in the region.

To this now add the US arming Thailand. Those tanks (and other
arms) were developed w/our tax money and now more money will
be used to arm an already volitile situation.

Thats my view of the problem. I'm not interested in another
'hot spot' in the world. EW

E. Winters: Principal Program Facilitating and Consulting
Instructional Design * Interactivity * Cross - Cultural Communication