Re: Winning on Jeopardy/Job Prestige

Subject: Re: Winning on Jeopardy/Job Prestige
From: Janice Gelb <janiceg -at- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 20:35:56 GMT

In article 1 -at- CompuServe -dot- COM, Jane Torpie <JTorpie -at- iii-devl -dot- mhs -dot- compuserve -dot- com>
writes:
>Text item: Text_1

>This contestant won $83K for a "week's" work? (I've heard that the shows
>are taped in a shorter time and broadcast over a week.)

They tape five shows in one day (you have to bring changes of clothes
with you). The most he could have worked is two days, depending on
which show in the day was his first. The contestants sit in a pool
and they don't tell you which show you'll be on until about 20 minutes
beforehand.

Janice Gelb | (415) 336-7075
janiceg -at- marvin -dot- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | "A silly message but mine own" (not Sun's!)