Need Info. on Line Printer

Subject: Need Info. on Line Printer
From: Tom Warren <TWARREN -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 11:43:45 CST

Hello. I need some information on a line porinter to use with our 25
workstation electronic classroom. We havae a laser, but have to charge
the students. Naturally, final copies are OK on it, but what about draft
copies. If the per-page cost is low, we can let them print for free
(within reason, of course). So, the specifics are
25 Intel workstations (486) running a wide variety of software--Word,
WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Harvard, Interleaf, FramMaker, to name a few.
BUDGET--about $1,000.
Room is used A LOT--almost 15 hours per day.
Soundproofing included would be a bonus.
HP used to make a RuggedWriter, but does no longer.
Please send suggestions to me and I'll summarize for the list.
Tom
Tom Warren
twarren -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu