Information mapping.

Subject: Information mapping.
From: Rick Lippincott <RJLIPPINCOTT -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 22:33:47 -0400

Bob Handlin wrote about Information Mapping, and a concern that:

>My initial impression is that it helps prevent bad writing by
>making everybody mediocre, and makes great writing more
>difficult by being restrictive.

I haven't taken the Info Mapping courses yet, but I'm signed up
to do so. I'm gonna guess that it's like any other technique: once you get
out of class and start to apply the lessons,
it's up to you to decide what to follow and what to disregard.
If an Info Mapping method is too restrictive, write your manual
in the way that works best.

Hey, if you come up with enough variations, and it works well
enough, you could start your -own- method and teach all the rest
of us how it works!

Rick Lippincott
rjlippincott -at- delphi -dot- com