Re[2]: Hello and Pet Peeves

Subject: Re[2]: Hello and Pet Peeves
From: Virginia Krenn <asdxvlk -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 11:38:31 CDT

I agree with all of Sally's post except for the part about pet peeves.
I think that they serve a purpose. They are a way of bringing
attention to some problems without criticizing individual
contributors.

For example, the following items appear on this list regularly.

"use to" instead of "used to"

"I've got whatever" or "It's got whatever"

("Got" shouldn't be used. If the sentence doesn't sound quite right,
then "have" or "has" should be spelled out.)

Author: Sally Marquigny <SALLYM -at- msmailhq -dot- netimage -dot- com> at SMTP

C'mon, team! Let's show him what we're *really* made of rather than
disillusioning him with the drivel that's been bounced about of late.

Ed, welcome aboard. I think you'll find this a great place...just don't
bring up drug testing, certification, or pet peeves ;) But don't forget
your patience and your sense of humor!