Job advertisements

Subject: Job advertisements
From: Kimberley Lackey <97372509 -at- WSUVM1 -dot- CSC -dot- WSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 1994 17:45:27 PDT

Hi all,

In response the argument about job requirements:

This issue is a very frustrating one for me. I am graduating in December so I
am in the process of reading through hundreds of job offers that go into
great detail about how much Microsoft Word for Windows experience they expect.
I feel I have good writing skills. I am good at grammer and editing. I also
have some actual technical writing experience. But I don't know every single
word processing program on the market, nor do I wish to learn all of them so
that I can get a job.

My dilemma is...Do I keep leafing through these ads until I find the one that I
meet all the qualifications for? Or will I have any chance if I go ahead and
send my resume and hope someone understands that part of what college taught
me was how to learn things quickly and on my own. Plus, the constant beginners
dilemma....how do I get experience until someone gives me the chance to gain
it. Let me know what you think.

97372509 -at- wsuvm1
Kimberley Lackey