Re: liguistic lapses

Subject: Re: liguistic lapses
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- CORE -dot- CORP -dot- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 1994 11:04:15 -0500

> I think you missed the point of my posting. It was full of
>oxymorons, including "forseeable future".

No, Les. Just once once again you missed the point of mine. In the words of
the immortal Foghorn Leghorn, "It's a joke, son."

I know explaining a joke never helps, but in the interests of preventing
more misunderstanding, try looking closely at the first syllable in the
underlined word, and relating it to cow, and then do the same with the last
two syllables of the word and the latter part of my question.

Everyone else: Was that pun *really* that obscure? (I *did* apologize
already for the pun, you know.)

>> >avoid the use of oxymorons, at least for the forseeable future.
>> ^^^^^^^^^
>> >
>> Hey! Whose cow are you calling stupid?

Have Fun,
Arlen

Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com
IN GOD WE TRUST --- All others must provide data