pet peeves and that extra $0.50

Subject: pet peeves and that extra $0.50
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 17:33:18 -0500

I have to add to my own thread here because Sally mentioned
newscasts.

Don't you *love* it when they say, "The estimated cost is
10 million and one-half dollars," when they should say,
"10 and one-half million dollars."

Whenever I hear this, I'm tempted to send in the 50 cents
just to make the figure even. ;-D har-har

This is more common in spoken English and easily corrected
in writing.

LaVonna
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com