MS/Tech Writing Programs

Subject: MS/Tech Writing Programs
From: Rick Lippincott <RJLIPPINCOTT -at- DELPHI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 21:59:18 -0400

Kimberley Lackey asked about Master's programs in Technical Writing.

I received a Master's in Technical Writing from Rensselaer Polytechnic
Institute (Troy, New York) in 1984. The program has since changed its name
to "Technical Communications", but the content is much the same. This
program was intensive, well done, and resulted in my immediate employment as
a tech writer. My undergraduate degree was in journalism, but not everyone
in the program had English or Journalism degrees.

Back when I took the courses, it could be completed in two semesters of
full-time study. I took classes at night and over the summer, starting in
September 1981. I finished in May 1984.

If you have more specific questions, I can try to answer them, or you can
contact the registrar's office at RPI for more details.

I hope that helped.