Re: time for a new thread?

Subject: Re: time for a new thread?
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 14:27:58 -0500

> Do you think STC (or some other "official" body) should
> be certifying technical communications professionals?

Arlen Walker made some good points. If we make some kind of certification
process/board, then we basically get all the problems that engineers get.
We'd have to defend our titles to make them meaningful. I would, however,
like to point to a certificate and say "I got that." It would lend a
certain amount of credibility to me saying "I am good at documenting
software" if I could show that STC said I had the right education/
experience and passed THE test.

However, how do we get employers to recognize this certificate? Professional
engineer status is required for many projects. Unless we can show that
"Professional Technical Writer" is certifiably good and necessary, I'm
afraid we're stuck.

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707 x122
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?