Arlen's comments

Subject: Arlen's comments
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 1994 14:08:57 -0700

Arlen, I take strong exception to your comment that if you don't know
that the F and C scales are the same at -40 that you are an exemplar
of the failure of American eduction. I would instead say that if you
don't know the appropriate reference book to look up such pointless
facts, *then* your education is lacking. This kind of information is
why god made reference books.

Also IMO, you suffer from a lack of common courtesy. Haven't you ever
forgotten something that's obvious to everyone else? I am not the
person who admitted ignorance of this little fact, but I could easily
have been. I've lived happily in countries that use Fahrenheit and
countries that use Centigrade, but I have somehow never needed to know
exactly where the two scales coincide.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com