Re: reconditioned toner cartridges?

Subject: Re: reconditioned toner cartridges?
From: "Paul R. Sawyer" <prsawyer -at- RS6000 -dot- CMP -dot- ILSTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 1994 13:58:10 -0500

>>>We used reconditioned toner cartridges for our HPLaserJet III-class
>printers and were somewhat less than pleased with them. They did cost
>less, but in our experience they leaked toner and caused maintenance
>problems (enough to give us major headaches).<<

>They also do NOT last as long. In the organization I worked for that used
>them, we determined that there was no saving in usage. suepstewrt -at- aol -dot- com

I think part of the problem lies in the vendor that sells the cartiridges.
In the lab that I ioned cartridges for our HP
LaserJet IV's, our Laserwiter IINTX's, as well as our LaserWriter Pro. We
haven't had problems with leakage or any of that sort. Sue is right; they
don't last as long, but with the high volume that we go through, we decided
to stick with the recycled cartridges. If one vendor is giving you
troubles, try another. I think it is a matter of personal preference.

--Paul

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill
because they pissed me off.
--Dean S. Karlan

Paul R. Sawyer
4240--English Department