Re: Building Help and Thru

Subject: Re: Building Help and Thru
From: Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks <flanagan -at- TVDRS -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 17:19:18 EDT

Hi,

I vote for through and when using numbers we use to (1 to 10 or in
indexes we use 1-2 to 1-14).

And about Windows Help:

>>>Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 11:27:24 EDT
>>>From: Terance McNinch <tlmcninc -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
>>>Subject: Building Help in Windows

>>>Is WinHelp the only way to go or are there other options?
>>>We can not count on the users having MS Word
>>>or some other wordprocessor that runs the help system.

The users don't need to have Word or any word processor on their
systems. If they are running Windows and your application is a Windows
application, then they are all set.

>>>(Lke some of the packages I saw at the STC in Minn., when I didn't pay
>>>close enough attention those help systems because I didn't expext
>>>to be doing any of this!!!)

Not sure what packages you are talking about? Do you mean the tools
like Doc-To-Help? That is a product layered on Word for Windows that
helps you create the help file. There are many other tools to choose from.

The Scott Boggans et al book is out of print. Call:

WinWriters (Joe Welinske)
1-800-838-8999

Ruth-Ellen Flanagan
flanagan -at- nurse -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com