I like thru

Subject: I like thru
From: "Robert E. Allen" <re_allen -at- PNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 1994 14:55:19 GMT

For me, "thru" is unambiguous. When I come across "through,"
I have to look at it carefully to be sure it isn't "thorough." I have
the same problem with "county" and "country;" they are both
government units, so the difference is not always clear from
context.

I suspect this is an educationally induced condition. I tend to read
entire words, only looking at the individual letters when I don't
recognize the word. Maybe I should have been born in a country
with a pictographic language--China anyone?

Bob
(That's the dislexic spelling of my name.)