Re: Writing guidelines

Subject: Re: Writing guidelines
From: Lester Klein <lklein -at- CAP -dot- GWU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 18:01:29 -0400

Here are a few more that i always hand out at the first meeting of the
Technical Writing courses I teach.

The President is currently attempting to put the Ship of State back on its
feet with a mixed metaphor.

Send me in a letter an example of a misplaced modifier.

Be it as it may, the subjunctive mood is very rarely used.

A recent finding found that most writings had an excessive use of gerunds.

Hanging is too good for persistent, pervasive, purveyors of puns (and
alliterations), they should be drawn and quoted.

Les Klein
114 Melbourne Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20901
301-87-0659, lklein -at- cap -dot- gwu -dot- edu