Re: Pulling my hair out

Subject: Re: Pulling my hair out
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 10:03:48 -0700

Mark Levinson said:
> ** I've edited two writers who flat-out refused to listen to explanations when
> offered.

I guess I have to ask why people like that are professional writers?

Maybe I'm more objective about this because technical writing is a
second career, but I made sure that my ego is not wrapped up in my
writing before I started looking for jobs. Everyone has spasms ("I
*liked* that sentence, dammit!"), but I thought the point was a better
document, not preservation of my deathless prose.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com