Establishing a FTP/GOPHER Site for STC Boston

Subject: Establishing a FTP/GOPHER Site for STC Boston
From: Gregory=Kushmerek%AcctgMed%FIN -at- HUMRES-SERVER -dot- NET -dot- TUFTS -dot- EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 1994 09:22:11 EDT

Hi everyone, I'm looking for information.

The Boston chapter of the STC is getting ready to activate an STC
Internet Connectivity program. Since October of last year, the
Boston chapter has worked towards getting more of its chapter users
on-line. What we've done is worked a deal with a local public access
UNIX provider (Software Tool and Die, d.b.a. The World) so that
STC Boston members can get a UNIX account at a discount rate.

Another part of this project is the construction of a FTP/GOPHER
site (with plans for a Mosaic/WWW home-page in the future). While
we have plans for disseminating individual local committe information,
an Internet guide, and a job bank, I am collecting advice and
information that we can put on this site.

I'm looking for pointers to Frequently Asked Questions lists, utilities,
or data files of use to those in or inspiring to join the Technical
Communication industry. This information would then be freely available
for distribution at gopher.std.com and/or ftp.std.com.

If you have any ideas, material, or advice you'd like to contribute, I can
be reached via e-mail at gwk -at- world -dot- std -dot- com -dot-

Thanks,

--gk

Greg Kushmerek
gwk -at- world -dot- std -dot- com

P.S. - I receive this list in digest form; expect a 24-hour turnover
to posts sent to me on this list.