Re: Docs not tested etc...

Subject: Re: Docs not tested etc...
From: Marilyn Gelman <gelman -at- SUN490 -dot- FDU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 1994 22:39:42 GMT

I consider online help flaws to be bugs.

I had forgotten how to do something familiar in WordPefect. I was working
with WP6. Neither I nor the WP rep could find the information I needed in
online help. I went back to WP5.2 and found the function listed in their old,
wonderful help menu.

I called WordPerfect and took *ALL* the time necessary to explain to the
customer support person that I had found out how to perform the function and
that the bug I was reporting was in the online help itself.

From the testing docs front:

I was working for a software development house; the owner was reviewing some
docs we had distributed well after the product had gone out the door. He
told me to correct a few pages because "no one would want a system that worked
like this." The docs reflected the program. It was a tough sell to convince
him that if we changed the docs, we should change the program too.