Re: Raunchy business names

Subject: Re: Raunchy business names
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 1994 23:02:21 GMT

...and then there's Superior Erections, which, as I recall, is
or was on the west side of Highway 37 between Vallejo and Napa.
("Erection" is the putting-up of steel frameworks, a term that
undoubtedly pleases the hardhats no end.)

My favorite slogan actually wasn't raunchy at all: a brake
shop in Norcross, GA whose motto was "We'll stand in front
of our work."

Note followups, as we're veering a bit off course here...

Joe
"The pallid pimp of the dead-line/The enervate of the pen" -Robert Service