Messages Lost ( A Tale of ...

Subject: Messages Lost ( A Tale of ...
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 10:39:30 CDT

Tracey said ...
I have noticed the same phenomenon. I used to receive TECHWR-L in digest and
assumed that I was just reading and forgetting postings. Now I receive the
messages as they're posted and frequently see replies to replies without
receiving the original.

Eric??

I say ...
The very short version:
Beats me!

The short version:
Huh! Ricken racken rosen fracken! (Is this accurate, Lavonna?)

The slightly longer version:
I will look into the gateway to see if it is misbehaving. Anyone who seems to be
experiencing this, please mail me directly and provide all the information you
can. What messages did you see, what messages did you apparently miss. Where did
you see or not see what? Any common threads, so to speak, would be useful.

I'll keep you all posted. (BTW, a simple "me, too" message won't be particularly
helpful in finding and fixing this problem.)

Thanks,
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu