Re: another bad manuscript

Subject: Re: another bad manuscript
From: Matt Hicks <matt -at- UNIDATA -dot- UCAR -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 1994 09:49:05 -0600

On Tue, 2 Aug 1994, Karla Kitalong wrote:

> Well, I didn't write this, but I said it:

> "You can see it from a mile away when you get
> close to it."

Well, I didn't write this or say it, but I heard it. Actually, I heard
_these_ if you want to get technical ;-). The same commentator made both
these doozies during coverage of the Tour de France a couple of years ago:

"It's a challenging course full of uphill climbs and downhill
descents."

"And he will finish as far ahead of the field as they are behind
him."

I know, I know, it's too easy to pick on sportscasters, but these were
two of the most inane comments I've heard, especially when you consider
that the coverage was taped, so he had time to think about them.

Then there was the co-worker who said:

"You never know what you've lost until it's gone."

How true that is.

Matt Hicks, Tech. Writer, Unidata * "Your brain is in my
Boulder, CO, (303)497-8676, ******* refrigerated centrifuge."
matt -at- unidata -dot- ucar -dot- edu ************* -My girlfriend (don't ask me why)