Right(-hand)

Subject: Right(-hand)
From: "Bonnie Nestor (NESTORM -at- FEDC04 -dot- FED -dot- ORNL -dot- GOV" <nestorm -at- FEDC04 -dot- FED -dot- ORNL -dot- GOV>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 1994 18:28:33 GMT

I don't know about corners, but in mathematical copy, referring to
the right-HAND (or left-hand) side of an equation is standard, to the
point that the abbreviations RHS (and LHS) are widely understood (or
so I was told the first time I queried them).
Presumably this is to make it clear that one is referring to "right"
as in position rather than "right" as in correct -- not that I'd
know whether or not most of the equations I've looked at were
correct or not!

Bonnie Nestor
mnj -at- ornl -dot- gov
DISCLAIMER: I work at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, for Martin
Marietta Energy Systems, Inc., which is under contract to the
U.S. Department of Energy, but I don't speak for any of them,
and they return the favor.