Re: Software Packages

Subject: Re: Software Packages
From: Debbie Molinaro <MollyDee -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 1994 00:27:36 EDT

anne -at- mccabe -dot- com writes:

>My company is going to switch from PageMaker Desktop Pub. to >another
software
>package. Some suggestions have been Word 6.0, FrameMaker, >and Interleaf.

>Does anyone have any opinions on the above suggestions, >especially with
regard
>to importing graphics (EPS, TIFF, BMP), use in creating Help files, >use
with
>large documents (100 pages or more), indexing, TOC, importation of
>PageMaker
>files, general ease of use, and learning curve.

>Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I like both Word 6 and FrameMaker. Word 6.0 is a Word Processor that does
DTP. Frame is a DTP program that processes words. Frame is perfect for long
documents but has a steep learning curve. However, it's worth it. After 6 to
9 months of shouting disallowed expletives at your CRT, you'll wonder how you
ever lived without it.
Debbie