speaking of spell-checkers

Subject: speaking of spell-checkers
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 11:22:55 PDT

Speaking of spell-checkers, it always bothers me that the one that
Frame uses (which I generally like) is completely thrown when you
mistakenly run an article together with the next word, as with:

thetable

anextra

-- it seems to me that it could at least search for a few common
articles and prepositions, add a space after the one that qualifies,
and thereby create one of the alternatives offered to you:

thimble
texturizable
theorize
stable
the table

-- doesn't seem like that would be too problematical to use, especially
if the user could edit the list of words to watch for. It sure is
faster to pick an alternative word than move the cursor over to the
document, de-highlight the word, place the cursor, and add a space.

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera, California
atc -at- corte-madera -dot- geoquest -dot- slb -dot- com

For Frame's use (I'm copying this to them), my contact number is 41003.