Screenshots

Subject: Screenshots
From: Tracey Showalter <tshowalt -at- SCTCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 1994 17:11:02 U

Screenshots

(This is a two-parter)

Part I

Does anyone#004# take screen captures and place them in
Word for the Mac (or some other wp or dtp package)? If so:

1. What software do you use?
Are you happy with it / Would you recommend it?
Where can I get a copy?

2. What problems do you encounter?
(such as "doesn't reduce well", "can't edit the output",
"files are too big", "not enough export options", etc.)

3. Do you have to go through any intermediary, such as a
paint package, before it looks *right* in the finished file?

Part II

Does anyone#004# take screen captures from a Windows application and
transfer them to the Mac? If so:

1 - 3 above, plus:

4. What file formats work best?
If you save to a PC file format such as .pcs or .bmp, do
you have to use file translation software, such as MacLink,
in order to read the files from a Mac translation?

5. Does the resolution of the picture lessen as a result of
translating the file from a PC to a Mac format?

If you respond directly to me, I'll compile responses and post
them to the list. (If you would rather I not include your name
and address in a compilation, please let me know. Otherwise,
I'll include them.)

Thanks for your time!

Tracey Showalter
Systems & Computer Technology