Re: Men, Women, Smileys, and .signature files

Subject: Re: Men, Women, Smileys, and .signature files
From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 15:45:46 EDT

I was going to stay out of this .signature/gender thing, but....

come on, _guys_!

Who has time to make pretty little drawings? I like to throw the odd
interesting quote into my .sig, just to get people thinking, and official
business calls for a letterhead-type identifier, but mostlly I'm forwarding
stuff internally (and see what a mess forwarded mail can get to be, what with
headers and .sigs, after its gone through multiple forwards!), or doing it
in a hurry, and not wanting the same old thing every time (new dress/hair
analogy, perhaps?--ah I was going to stay out of the gender thing!), and...

aw, heck, it's easier just to sign my name (if necessary). People will
recognize me by my written voice, I hope, or at least read the FROM header.

But then, I'm not the lipstick and eyeliner type of gal, either! (Really,
isn't it just an ego thing?)

Gwen "I-don't-intentionally-flame" Gall (ggall -at- ca -dot- oracle -dot- com)