Fun Facts

Subject: Fun Facts
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 13:09:37 -0700

On Tue, 19 Jul 1994, Shelley Larock wrote:
> Gosh, I'm getting so used to adding my $0.02 I just had to
> do it again.

Somewhere else, while gophering around, i noticed that dividing the costs
of the net by the number of users (At 11 am, July 20, 1994, it was
slightly over 21 million users) it costs about a quarter of a penny to send
1 MB over the net. If an e-mail is usually a one-screener, that's about 2
KB. That works out to about 500 e-mails for a 1/4 cent. So two cents
worth is about 2,000 e-mails.

- andreas