Re: Ventura vs the printer

Subject: Re: Ventura vs the printer
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 09:32:09 -0500

> Does anyone out there send electronic Ventura files to their printer.
> Have you experienced any problems? Better yet, have you solved them?

I haven't done it with Ventura, but I've experienced several problems with
other publishing packages. If you can, just send the postscript. I know,
I know, the whole world doesn't do postscript, but in sending a file full
of printer commands, you bypass the extra step of having something else
interpret your file. Printing to a file should be possible regardless of
the software and printer you are using. Note, however, that if you change
printers, you also change sublte things like font metrics. That lowercase
_e_ which is .000001 centimeter longer can change a page break!