Want vrs Wish

Subject: Want vrs Wish
From: David Dubin <David_Dubin -at- NOTES -dot- PW -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 1994 05:29:46 PDT

Since we have opened the discussion to "translation" issues, and I have
experience in technical & scientific translations, I'd like to add a bit. You
will find that in other languages "wish" has no power, want does. Wish is
perceived as the desire for something without a concrete conclusion while
want is the desire for something that will be provided or completed in the
future, either by the person desiring it, or someone else. Does this help? I
hope so.

david