Re: Okay, whaddaya call

Subject: Re: Okay, whaddaya call
From: Gwen Gall <ggall -at- CA -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 16:52:28 EDT

Michael says:

>Since Windows is not yet a *true* operating system, and requires DOS to run,
>"DOS-based" is completely accurate. I am curious as to why you think it tastes
>bad. Sounds fine to me.

Because OS/2 ain't DOS-based, natch. Neither are Windows NT or Chicago,
to give Microsoft their due.
multitasking.
Just because the media neglects OS/2 doesn't mean technical writers can.
It tends to deeply offend fanatical user types (like, say, me).

I wouldn't touch DOS or Windows with a 640k pole (okay, except I switch to
DOS to play Rebel Assault).

Right you are about OS/2. It's just that I have never seen it in use anywhere,
except once at a trade show, so forgive me for forgetting...no offense
intended.

Let's not flame each other about OSes, though, O.K.? ;-)

Gwen "Get that GUI outa my face and let me see my Unix prompt, please" Gall

(Although it's alright if I get it in a Motif window!)