Math documents: To TeX or not to TeX?

Subject: Math documents: To TeX or not to TeX?
From: Miren Carranza <carranza -at- CLI -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 1994 15:56:13 CDT

I am a technical person (and a technical translator wannabee). In any
case in my technical circles TeX and LaTeX are believed to be the best
kind of tools to produce documents with mathematical stuff in them. I
also have heard that technical writers do not seem all that
enthusiastic to use either TeX or LaTeX for that purpose. My question
is:

What do y'all prefer to use for documents that contain a lot of
mathematical stuff?

Please answer to me and I will collect responses and post a summary to
the list.

Miren Carranza