Your favorite textbook on technical writing course for beginners

Subject: Your favorite textbook on technical writing course for beginners
From: Sushil Oswal <oswal -at- KNUTH -dot- MTSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 05:29:22 -0500

I have been asked to write an article on the technical writing textbooks
available in the book market at this time. Since I don't want to push
only what I like, I would like to hear from the networkers who teach
technical writing on a regular basis. These textbooks must be meant for
a general course in tech writing, not in on-line manuals or sophisticated
technical report writing. I currently use Mathes and Stevenson. In the
past I have used Anderson, Rose and Burnett texts. Any comments on
Burnett or Rose books? Send your mail to oswal -at- knuth -dot- mtsu -dot- edu

If folks on this net are interested in reading the rsults of my survey,
I'll be glad to post them after August 1.