Re: standards

Subject: Re: standards
From: Glen Accardo <glen -at- SOFTINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 10:16:13 CDT

The idea of standard English kinda makes me laugh. Which English would we
use? One linguist (whose name I wish I could remember) proposed that we
write and speak SWINE -- Standard White Inland Northern English. Even the
acronym shows the feelings most folks have toward anything which conflicts
with their own idea of "standard" English.

Before we try to create ANSI English (or ANSI typographical styles), let's
try to settle some easy issues like abortion, capital punishment, or gun
control.

glen accardo glen -at- softint -dot- com
Software Interfaces, Inc. (713) 492-0707
Houston, TX 77084

Did the Corinthians ever write back?