Re: Updating multiple files

Subject: Re: Updating multiple files
From: Lori Klepfer MCOM <klepfer -at- CS -dot- HH -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 09:12:43 -0400

Interleaf works vey well! It is available for DOS, Windows, UNIX and VMS.

With Interleaf, like FrameMaker according to Karen Steele, you can make platform
specific documents in one electronic file and meerly activate the platform you
want.
I've used this before to document two of my company's SW products and now for
our
hardware.

Also available is a package called Active Links, which to my knowledge allows
one
to link to a file that may be in another document. This way, one soure file
can be used to document a certain "chunk" of information and that "chunk" is
described the same way everywhere it is used.

Let me know if anyone needs more user testiment! {:)

Lori Klepfer
Lori -dot- Klepfer -at- ab -dot- com
Sr. Tech. Commun.
Allen-Bradley, Co., Inc., Cleveland