Re: Doing new things new ways

Subject: Re: Doing new things new ways
From: WandaJane Phillips <wandajp -at- ANDYNE -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 16:48:02 GMT

I started at this company about 7 months ago. When I joined, I worked
with the other writers in Marketing. There were 4 of us, and 2
products. We split the work by product, except for some instances when
the larger product needed extra hands. The writers wait for a *working
copy* of the product and then update the manuals that have been updated
with every release for the past nn years. I lobbied for earlier
involvement and that resulted in my position being moved into a
development team. Here I work with the programmers on interface issues
and I begin writing during our meetings. This sort of works, but I also
have so much work now that I have trouble keeping up with the lads.
Also, some of their questions (and mine) have surpassed my knowledge
level. It's a stretch, but if I'm not stretching, I'm outta here.

WandaJane (aka WaJa)

my dog is old, my cat wants out, and the bills are hidden in the top
drawer... there is nothing to steal