Updating multiple files at same time

Subject: Updating multiple files at same time
From: Anne Stankis <anne -at- MCCABE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 09:09:20 -0400

Does anyone know of a good way to update one document and somehow have that
document linked to other documents so that the information that is added,
deleted, etc. is also added, deleted, etc. in the documents that the master
document is linked to. I have 3 sets of documents (2 written for Unix and 1
written for Windows) as well as a Windows Help file and a Unix Help file
that need to be updated with the same information. This is information that
is in large chunks or sometimes in small pieces. I am using PageMaker desktop
publishing now. Does anyone know of another software application that would
do this?