Re: Re. shut down vs. shutdown

Subject: Re: Re. shut down vs. shutdown
From: "Linda H. Schoenhoff" <lhs -at- UNIFY -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 1994 15:46:45 PDT

Rich says:

> I feel thoroughly chastised and beg you all to forgive me.

> Rich

Cheer up Rich! I think you have Microsoft on your side.
I was just reading an article in the new Windows
magazine about Chicago (Windows 4.0) and it looks like Microsoft
agrees with you about shut down (sort of).

In Chicago, the "Exit Windows" File menu option is gone, and in
its place is:

Shut Down

The article explains that they did this because you no
longer have to exit to DOS when you leave Windows.
Windows 4.0 is "an operating system in its own right"
and doesn't need DOS to run. What a concept!

Now if HOnda could just fix my car...

Linda Schoenhoff
lhs -at- unify -dot- com