Article with "SQL"

Subject: Article with "SQL"
From: "Vollbach, Elizabeth" <evollbach -at- CCLINK -dot- LOGICON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 08:49:38 PST

It's not a matter of opinion. Many writers and editors prefer to
write and edit without the restriction of rules. Too bad. It's fact
and not opinion that the proper article to use with an acronym depends
on how the acronym is pronounced, not on how it is spelled. Dilemma:
what do you do if it's pronounced more than one way? I pick
pronouncing it "S-Q-L" and using "an." Beth