Re: Converting IBM script to Word

Subject: Re: Converting IBM script to Word
From: Doug Fettig <DFettig -at- NYD -dot- LEGENT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 09:05:00 PDT

I've done conversions between Waterloo SCRIPT and
Word for Windows without such problems. From your
description, I think the problem is in the tool you're
using for the ASCII conversion. I think that tool is
adding formatting characters that Word doesn't
recognize. I say this because I've seen Word
produce similar garbage when I opened a file that
was formatted with a different PC-based word
processor.

My advice: check the tool that you're using for
converting from SCRIPT to ASCII.

This conversion will be a lot less time-consuming
than working with scanned text.

--Doug Fettig
dfettig -at- nyd -dot- legent -dot- com