RE- including menus in writ

Subject: RE- including menus in writ
From: Pat Anderson <panderson -at- ALIAS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 10:52:25 -0400

Mail*Link( SMTP RE: including menus in written documentation
M. Smith asks:

>> . . . someone asked me why we bother to include menus in written
>> documentation. I have to admit, I now wonder too . . .

If you don't translate your product and documentation, including the menus in
the docs can help someone for whom English is not a well-known language find
the item visually--we find with our menu-driven products that users actually
memorize the appearance of a given menu or pop-up item--the same way we
memorize icons.

...pat. anderson
team leader, documentation
Alias Research Inc.