David Dubin's Style

Subject: David Dubin's Style
From: "Lori A. Moreland" <lamorela -at- CS -dot- HH -dot- AB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 09:50:57 -0400

Hi, David.

I developed, wrote and edited a style guide earlier this year for my previous
employer (and that is NOT why they're now previous). To answer your question,
yes, yes, yes! Include a brief review of writing techniques and grammar
conventions. Put this information in a discrete section and call it "Writing
Guidelines" or something similar. In my (old) department, this section was held
up as "THE standard to which all technical publications shall be written."
Techwriters have so much to worry about anyway that it's nice to have this
information at our ready reference. I mean, c'mon! Who remembers off the top of
his/her head what a restrive clause is?
Good luck! The style guide was a tough, but ultimately rewarding project.