Re: FrameMaker Menu capture prob

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Menu capture prob
From: Hal Hammond <hal -at- BRONCO -dot- ADVANCE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 11:43:59 -0600

I've noticed similar problems attempting to capture pulldown menus using
FrameMaker's built-in capture routine. Try running a shell script
which will capture everything on the display at a given moment.

The following script has worked for me. The script (ras_dump) uses the
SunOS command "screendump." ras_dump will only grab the display
from the console...it does not work on X-terminals.

Good luck!

Hal Hammond
hal -at- advance -dot- com

#!/bin/csh
#ras_dump script
#Works on most suns-output file in sun rasterfile format-Frame readable
#Grabs entire screen from console-does not work on X-terminals
#Command line syntax: ras_dump "output_filename"
sleep 10 #"10" = 10 second delay, change to suit
echo ^G #bell rings once
screendump -c > $1.ras
echo ^G^G # bell rings twice when filecapture is complete
echo The rasterfile file has been created