Re: The Accidental Tech Writer

Subject: Re: The Accidental Tech Writer
From: Michele Marques <michele -at- YORKU -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 21:50:15 GMT

In article <01HD0W0LWQF290NLKZ -at- ADONIS -dot- OSTI -dot- GOV>, Peggy_Thompson -at- ccmail -dot- osti -dot- gov
says:

> I'm another accidental tech writer. I have a 1984 BA in English

Me to, except that my training was a bit more techie and I came out of
school realising I didn't really want to be a programmer and wishing
I had prepared to become a tech. writer.

> techie, which I think probably helped). Yes, the ability to
> understand, organize, and present is probably innate. And yes,

Perhaps, but I found that having a good editor helped me improve a lot.

> Bottom line: degreed or non-degreed, we're all in this together.
> The cross pollination that results from a list like this sure
> helps.

I agree :)

-- Michele